Flawless appearance, ease, and convenience – are just a few advantages that Invisalign clear aligners have over other orthodontic treatments. Plus, Invisalign can often straighten crooked teeth in much less time! As with any orthodontic treatment, though, the exact Invisalign timeline can change from one person to the next.
When Can You Start Seeing Invisalign Results?
Invisalign patients will see a difference in their smile within the first three months of Invisalign treatment. While some patients may see a small difference in the first two weeks, others may have to wait for five months before seeing any changes.
Keep in mind that clear aligners use delicate pressure to deliver gradual and accurate results. While it may take Invisalign a few months to deliver any apparent results, this does not essentially mean that your treatment is shelved. In most cases, patients who trust the teeth alignment process will finally see their teeth starting to move.
If you do not see any progress in your smile after the first five months of Invisalign trays, schedule a follow-up appointment with your dentist in Frisco. They will examine your progress to find out if something is hindering it.
How Long Does Invisalign Take To Work?
Invisalign patients have to wear aligners for 12 to 18 months before their teeth are completely straightened. However, results will vary depending on your case. An extreme case of misalignment might take 18 to 24 months to heal, while patients with mild problems may complete treatment in as little as six months.
As we mentioned above, the Invisalign results timeline depends on your treatment demands. Other factors play a part as well, including the experience level of your Invisalign provider, and how determined you are to your teeth straightening treatment. Since no two orthodontic cases are alike, there is no consistent timeline for Invisalign to show results.
Factors That Determine Your Invisalign Timeline
Your actual Invisalign timeline will rely on the components of your treatment plan, which your dentist can check with you during your consultation. Multiple elements can influence the duration of time your treatment takes, including:
- The portion of tooth movement needed – the more distance your teeth need to be moved, the longer your treatment timeline will be.
- Which teeth require repositioning – Front teeth have fewer roots than molars, so they take a shorter time to move.
- Bite alignment – for straightening teeth, Invisalign can also correct mild to moderate overbite, underbite, and crossbite issues. However, this needs moving all of the teeth, which improves the total treatment duration.
- Age Factor – The jawbone can develop till you reach your twenties. So, for patients in their thirties or more aged, it may take a little more time to shift their teeth.
How You Can Speed Up Invisalign Treatment?
To evade any delays in your Invisalign treatment:
- Follow dentist’s Instructions – Only switch to a new set of aligners at the times as instructed in your treatment plan. Moving to a new pair too early may harm your teeth or jaw.
- Never Forget To Wear The Trays – If you don’t wear the Invisible aligners for at least 20 to 22 hours a day, your teeth won’t move as quickly as planned.
- Pop Out Aligners Before Eating – The trays could get damaged or bent if exposed to foods and beverages, which may end up moving your teeth into the wrong positions.
- Take Care of Your Aligners – You’d have to wait a few weeks to replace a damaged or deformed aligner.
- Visit dentist Regularly – You should see your dentist every six to eight weeks to ensure treatment is advancing.
Invisalign In Frisco
If you have been looking for the answer to the question- how long does Invisalign take to straighten your smile? You can contact the best Frisco dentist today. Visit us at Heritage Family Dentistry.